Friday, December 30, 2005

Scenario#7(George's Lie)

(George is watching movie with his new girlfriend Sarah in his apartment)

George: Isn't this movie great, everytime I watch it, just keeps getting better and better.

Sarah: So tell me, do you like me more or this movie?

(George turns his head toward her slowly with a kind of face that has a gentle smile on the outside and "what the hell is she talking about" on the inside)

(Cut to the Coffe Shop)

Jerry(exclamation mark on his face): She compares herself with all animate as well as inanimate things that you are inclined towards and wants to know if you like her more than the object of your inclination?

George: Yes, yesterday she competed against a choclate chip cookie.

Jerry: Did she win?

George: No

Jerry: Mint?

George: No.

Jerry: So what exactly is your problem here?

George: I'm just finding it difficult to lie to her all the time, telling her that I like her more than anything else.

Jerry: Oh come on, since when is lying a problem for you?

George: No, you don't understand. I've grown way beyond simple, straight forward kind of a lie. They just dont challenge me enough. I'm getting sick of lying. That's my problem.

Jerry: And if you tell the truth, drives them staright to mental institutions.

George: That's a given.

Jerry: Well, I think you're gonna have to keep lying Geroge. I understand that it is way too simple and easy but I'm sure it's worth your effort.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian Dixon said...

Funny stuff, again. But I didn’t get the jokes about George’s newfound difficulty with lying.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Sudheer said...

George prides on his lying abilities. He says in one episode; "I lie every second of the day, my whole life is a sham". In another episode he advises Jerry who needs to beat the lie detector; "Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it.". So, for someone who has this kind of deep concepts and ideas about lying, it's only natural that you grow beyond simple lies. Telling someone that you like them more than something else is a straighforward lie, not much of originality in that in terms of a lie. It's like making Einstein solve high school math problems. George is Einstein of lying.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Sudheer said...

Also, in the lie detector episode, when Jerry asks George; teach me how to lie, George says; "I can't, it's like asking Pavorotti, teach me how to sing.". So George is like Pavorotti of lying, too!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

As a huge Seinfeld fan, I can really appreciate this blog. If you have time, check out my blog.

http://nicks-head.blogspot.com/

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google