Sunday, December 04, 2005

Scenario#1(George's Life)

(George buzzs up Jerry, Jerry presses on the buzzer.)

George: It's George.

Jerry: Come on up.

(George enters the apartment and sees Jerry at the kitchen counter with a bottle of drink.)

Jerry: How come you're late.

George: You wont believe this, I almost got hit by a bus today. I was crossing the street and it came so close, my whole life flashed before my eyes and...

(Jerry is holding a drink in his hand and is listening to George with somewhat of an awe.)

Jerry: Yeah and...???

George(somewhat subdued): ...needless to say the panic of getting hit by the bus paled in comparision.

(Jerry nods as if it makes perfect sense to him and takes a sip from the bottle he is holding.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Dixon said...

It looks like you’re off to a good start. I’m not sure I got the joke, but it made me laugh a little anyway. I’m interested in where the dialogue will go from here. Welcome to the blogosphere, my friend.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Sudheer said...

Brian,
Thanks so much for checking it out. Have you seen the episode where Jerry advises George to narrate the "Astonishing tales of Costanza" to the tenant board which makes the tenant board sympathize with George and give him the apartment? From this we can observe that George's life is full of horrible incidents and happenings. Obviously when such a life flashes before your eyes nothing else can be as horrifying. Not only from this one episode but also from a lot of other episodes and in general it is obvious that George's life is not what he wants, he hates it. He mentions in the episode "The Opposite": "Why did it all turn out like this for me? I had so much promise. I was personable, I was bright. Oh, maybe not academically speaking, but ... I was perceptive. I always know when someone's uncomfortable at a party. It became very clear to me sitting out there today, that every decision I've ever made, in my entire life, has been wrong. My life is the opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every of life, be it something to wear, something to eat ... It's all been wrong."

So my joke in the blog plays on this aspect of George's vibrant character.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google